In Act I Proctor says to Puntam "Your Father had a habit of claiming away land" shows he has no concern to tell people what he thinks of them even if it causes others to scorn him. Putnam is important in town and he has the power to do something about it. Proctor angers him and personally insults him and his father. I don't see this going well and Proctor may feel Putnam's revenge.
Judging from what Proctor said you could tell he has pent up feelings for him. Hey may reveil that later in the story that he has feelings for other characters that he has yet to meantion. Proctor is not intimidated byPutnam's status in town and see's him as someone beneathe him. This dispute between the two isn't over and I'm just waiting to see if Putnam's actually does something.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with what you said about the way Putnam has been acting throughout the play. He is not afraid to speak what he believes even if it hurts other people's feelings. The quote shows that he can get very personal with your family. He is however scared of John Proctor and who wouldn't be. Overall great quote and keep doing your thing.
ReplyDelete